• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 Deluxe. Repower or sell?

Albin's "power cruisers"
don123
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: Albin 25 Deluxe. Repower or sell?

Post by don123 »

gwaugh wrote:Interestingly enough, there is a A25 on Craigslist in Kansas City with an electric setup.

"1973 Albin 25, electric cruiser. 48v Electric Yacht motor with controller, throttle, and monitor. 300 amp/hour AGM battery bank with 25 amp on board charger."
An interesting boat. As I said earlier, it has been done many times and this is one example. I'll guarantee you he has over $10K in that conversion. If he bought everything brand new, more like $15K

A boat like that would be perfect for someone who has a regular destination not too far from home - Even better if there is somewhere to plug in at your destination to ensure you had enough charge to get back to home port. A full recharge with his onboard 25 amp charger would take 12 to 14 hours

But, for a cruising boat, there's hardy enough power there to get you from marina to marina. If you lived in a populated area where marinas aren't that far apart, your slip fee for the night might include free electricity, which would be a plus ;-) But, you'd be seriously limited as to where you could go unless you carried a sizeable genset along as a range extender. Hopping 10 or 15 miles from marina to marina wouldn't get you very far very fast . . . . not very cheaply either if you must rent a slip to recharge every 10 or 15 miles

I suspect he either found A.) The range just wasn't too practical, or B.) He's had it long enough that he can see the need for a 48 volt, 300 AH AGM replacement battery bank is on the near horizon as reason enough to sell. A set of eight Lifeline GPL-6C 6 volt, 300 AH AGM batteries (which I'll bet is exactly what he is using) is $5K plus shipping

Don
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

JT, very kind, thanks for the links, will check them all. Mark
Nat Adams
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Madison, Indiana

Post by Nat Adams »

Not to put too fine a point on it - but this thread has been hijacked!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”