• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My 2014 '97 28TE Projects

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: My 2014 '97 28TE Projects

Post by DougSea »

John,

Thanks for the Birdsall Marine reference! I've been looking for a good clamp on mount for my lights. I've got plastic ones that do the job, but aren't holding up the way I want. Checked out their site, some nice stuff there!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
John_Madison CT
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ct

Post by John_Madison CT »

Checked out the "Chinese" LED's. Technically I have two different models. One is Wide angle (Flood) and the other Spot. (Narrow). I set it up with the wide pointed down, and the flood out, aft.

All in all, for only 36watts of power consumption, these are very bright!

DougSea: yeah, they have some very high quality stuff. BTW, I lived in New Canaan for a few years. Great town. I was on St.John's Place.

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Nice stuff John.

I've been in NC for a long time. A good friend grew up on St. John's Place. Don't recall the number. My parents are down near Kiwanis Park and I'm "out north" on Benedict Hill. (Off of Valley Road)

You should bring the boat down someday. We keep Sonny at Norwalk Cove (Home of the boat show) and are members at Sprite Island. I'd be happy to lend you my mooring there for a visit.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
John_Madison CT
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ct

Post by John_Madison CT »

Here's an update from last year on the transducer. As I wrote earlier on this thread, the Airmar B60 installed toward the rear of the hull, port side, was a failure. I lost readings on plane. So, for a year, I planned the install of an Airmar B744V, which has a high speed fairing block.

This winter, I did it, and just tested it on the Furuno GP1870F . It works GREAT, up to WOT!

It's located quite a bit forward, of the B60.

Also, I finally changed the name on the boat.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by John_Madison CT on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

john, the outriggers look great. i'd like to add a pair to mine as well. can you give some details on the project and the size/brand?

thanks, mick

p.s. my transducer is in a fairing located just right of centerline a bit forward of my transmission, works well in all conditions

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”