• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32' Sportfisher in AK

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
GrandAl
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Homer, AK

32' Sportfisher in AK

Post by GrandAl »

Hello,

I bought this one eight years ago to run halibut and salmon charters with in Homer, AK. Thought the wheelhouse conversion might be of interest to some of you.

-david

http://www.deepstrikeak.com
GrandAleutianCharterBoat.jpg
GrandAleutianShopT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 32' Sportfisher in AK

Post by jcollins »

Hi David,
Welcome to Albin Owners Group. I was in Homer years ago. The absolute best fishing in my life. It was also the deepest water I had ever fished. We were around 300' if I recall? Big difference from the Chesapeake.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Thanks for posting Capt. David. Those are some beautiful fish ... dwarfing our NE halibut off Gloucester, MA / :mrgreen: . Oh yeah ... nice job with the wheelhouse.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Hey David, just came across your post. We will be in Homer in a couple weeks time for a few days. Will look out for the boat. The 32s do stand out from the crowd.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Had the pleasure of meeting David a week or so ago & his hard working 1990 A32 family fisherman.

David's Albin is not alone in Homer. I wonder if he is aware of an Albin 25 that I saw on the hard down towards the fishing hole/boat ramp area?

No more boating planned. Headed for Denali National park in a few days & being completely off grid, even no cellphone for a few days.

http://www.triangledrifters.blogspot.com/
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

GrandAl: Just came across your conversion of the 32' Sportfisher. It looks like you went from plastic to hard windshield covering for the upper bridge. It truly looks functional and with a great appearance. Assume you really needed the hard cover in AK.
Several years ago I thought my last boat ever would be the 290 Luhrs full walkaround with twin 140 turbo Yanmars. It came out from the southern coastal area and they don't use hard windshields on many of the boats for the air current. I did not then know what an expensive project it would be to custom build a wrap around frame and put in safety glass. Nearly 8500 dollars later it was done with elec. ws wipers. The boat was in Southern Oregon and like your area an open cockpit don't get it.
This is the best fish boat & the most cheapest boat I have ever owned to operate. It runs at 2200-2500 rpm all day at 4 plus gallons & hour and trolling the guage never seems to change at all. I went an entire season on 100 gallons of fuel.
The boat really should go to AK as a 6 pack fisher. If you know anyone interested I will be happy to email them current pictures. It is currently in GIg Harbor, WA. as I purchased a 35TE Conv.
Would love to see more pictures of your boat/ and you post or send me a private email and will exchange photos. You did a fine job.

whwells"howard"
2006 35TE Conv. twin yanmars
"Nibbles"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Cpt David: Just looked at your posted catch. My goodness. Have never seen anything quite like it. We get a couple salmon and think the world is perfect. Your halbut, ling, reds and salmon are off the chart.
If ever I get your way will call for a day charter. Great post.
whwells "Howard"
"Nibbles"
2006 35TE Conv. - Yanmars

Return to “New Member Introductions”