• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Installing recessed rod holders

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Rob, When you do your layout for the one above the shower box, make sure you take the depth of the box into consideration. You will need to remove it to install a backing plate (if used) or at the very least the nuts and washers. If I had to do it over I would have ordered the ones with the covers because at this location any rain water will end up in the bildge. The other one will drain into the fish boxes which ultimately drain overboard. When I did mine I did the one in the center first and then I had to cheat a half inch on the one above the shower to miss the box. No big deal and Im sure I am the only one that would ever notice!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Carl wrote:If I had to do it over I would have ordered the ones with the covers because at this location any rain water will end up in the bildge.
I was thinking the same thing so I just called them back and they are sending the gasket with the lid attached. Thanks for the info.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
AlanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlanD »

I just want the one in the center, read this and bought the one with the gasket as well. Could have used it this weekend when I had a rogue Steelhead not wanting to be caught and needed a place to put a rod quickly.
Alan
2008 28 TE NE
Brandon Marie
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Done. Just in time for tomorrow's Fluke Tournament and sharking on Sunday. I was surprised at the thickness of the decking on the transom. I gel coated the inside of the large hole and put sealer in the bolted holes with the bolts. Even got a jar of the matching white Albin gelcoat :D I used heavy fender washers and ground one side (edge) flat due to the tight fit against the rod holder tube.

Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”