• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Forward dinette table

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

dosched
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Forward dinette table

Post by dosched »

I have an Albin 32+2 with the table forward. I took the support apart as the table will not go down. There is a sort of pneumatic rod that appears to be frozen. Has anyone fixed this problem or know of where to get a replacement?
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Forward dinette table

Post by DougSea »

Just a quick note - IF you have the same table setup as the 28 the problem could be the stop that is used to lock the table in position. My family still laughs at the thought of me, kneeling on the table and bouncing, all while trying unsuccessfully to lower it! (I ended up removing the tube so we could sleep that night!

The lock consisted of two small square pieces in a cutout in the tube. The outer one was threaded and the screw pressed against the inner block. If you loosened it too much the inner block slipped between the tubes. Something to check before buying a new piston.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
dosched
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by dosched »

Thank you for the heads up, I'll llok for the locking mechanism.
Don
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

I contacted the manufacturer and was told as the assist ages they can actually become stiffer and more difficult to push down. I just removed the inner assist and have gone just manual as little as it gets used........

Return to “Albin Maintenance”