• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wallas Stove Installed

djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Wallas Stove Installed

Post by djpeewee »

I just finished installing a Wallas stove/heater this last weekend. It's certainly a nice step up from the butane stove that came in the boat. It definitely looks classier but just about killed me having to take the cutoff wheel to the fiberglass. Quite a big chunk needs to be removed. Here's a few pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Wallas Stove Installed

Post by Russell »

Wow that looks fantastic. I see from their web site that it runs on diesel and can be a cabin heater. Where is the vent? I also like the placement of your faucet. Did yours come that way or did you plug the original hole? :D
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by djpeewee »

Funny you should notice the faucet. I moved the location and installed a new one as part of this Wallas project. The original faucet was right in the center behind the sink. That really limited what we could put in the cabinet so I moved it. The piece of wood you see is covering the original hole, and it also helps keep everything from sliding out of the cabinet.

The Wallas is a stove and heater that is plumbed into the main diesel tank. The exhaust vent goes through the hull behind the cabinet which the stove is in. I left an air gap below the stove for the combustion air as well as drilled a 4" hole thru the bulkhead into the locker under the dinette. This allows additional combustion air to be pulled from the bilge. The hot air comes out between the cook surface and the lid that folds down. It has a blower that switches on when closed.

I am very happy with the result.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Beautiful job! And great idea to move the faucet.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Very nice! Any pics during the install? Let us know how well it heats up the cabin!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

What a great upgrade, I've never heard anything but good about the Wallas. They say their service department is top notch as well.
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by djpeewee »

Wallas was very good to work with for the bits and pieces I needed for the install.

Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the install. I guess it wasn't something I wanted to remember. It wasn't pretty! I'm getting ready to install an Aquamarine AquaGen. I'll take plenty pictures of that.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”