• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Outriggers on a 28TE

RustyTank
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, East Beach Marina, VA

Outriggers on a 28TE

Post by RustyTank »

Getting ready to outifit my 28TE with a set of outriggers. Any thoughts, pics etc on the best rig? I'm concerned about fitting them on with the high rails and also the hand-hold on the side of the cabin... Pics of arangements you like would be great!

- RustyTank
2004 28TE "CORSAIR"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Outriggers on a 28TE

Post by DougSea »

I'm sure some of the guys with riggers will respond. In the meantime check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2241&p=13772&hilit= ... ers#p13772

Edit -

Found another thread with a good picture of "Pitou":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=958&p=5774&hilit=pi ... gers#p5774
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

RustyTank: I see you are in Norfolk and my boat with Rupp ourtiggers is in Vining's Landing where I would be happy to meet you and show you how I installed mine. I left the handle in place but Pitou took his off, your choice. If I had to do it over I would get the Lee Junior outriggers. The wishbone part is stainless steel instead of aluminum, heavier but much stronger. They are also less expensive Secondly I would opt for 15 ft poles instead of 18. The 18 just clear the bridge tunnel where you will spend most of your time fishing but I did scrape it once at high tide.
http://www.tackletogo.com/leejr2outhol.html
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
gerber30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Post by gerber30 »

I agree with what Russell said about the Lee Jr Wishbone style outriggers. I put a used pair on my 1997 28TE and they work and look great. When installing them I put aluminum backing plates and they are solid as a rock. Just be sure to get the angle correct to match exactly the angle of the grab handle. I found mine on Ebay used (barely) for under 400 dollars. If you need more pics of them just let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2004 31 TE w/ twin 370 Cummins (current)

Previous Boat
'97 28 TE w/2005 Yanmar
"Marianne"
RustyTank
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, East Beach Marina, VA

Post by RustyTank »

Thanks for all the great info guys.... I'm over in Bay Point Marina... When I get close... I'll come over and have a look see at yours or contact you for more info!!!

Again thanks - exactly what I needed!
2004 28TE "CORSAIR"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”