• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rebedding

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Rebedding

Post by kjg1951 »

What is the proper way to rebed the port holes on a 94 Albin 28T. I bellieve that is where the leaks are coming from.
Kevin.
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rebedding

Post by kjg1951 »

Please !!!! there has to be somone out there who has rebedded their port light/windows.... That can give me some hints Thank you !!!!
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Attached is a document that I referenced when I removed & reinstalled one of mine. It explains that there should be a 1/8" gap around the entire port to provide the space for the sealant. That was the cause of my leak. Albin cut one spot too tight and the fiberglass was touching the port so there was no sealant. Here's a pic of the problem spot and a picture of how it should have been cut. I easily opened it up with a file, reset the window via proper technique and she is water-tight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member