• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

improvements

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

improvements

Post by Jack »

Hello. I am a new member with Huntington Bay, NY as my hailing port. I want to make some improvements to my 1998 Albin TE 28 (with 2003 Yanmar 315). I hope that this forum is okay for me to ask for help.
The blue hull has become chalky from sun and/or salt water. It's not bad at all up toward the bow where it is away from most sun and splashes. I tried a boat show special process that didn't last. Also, tried a Simonize type of process but the chalkiness came right back. Is there anything short of painting or gelcoating? If I have to paint and awlgrip, is there a less expensive but capable supplier to do the job in the NY area?

The springlifts no longer work on the engine box cover. My marina tried 3 times and are unable to replace them. The box is too heavy or the movement of the box causes the lift joint to pop out of the hardware. Is there a good brand of lift to use as a replacement? What size would be right?

Thanks for any help with those questions.

Jack
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: improvements

Post by RobS »

As far as the hull fading, use the search function, there is quite a bit of reading here on AOG.

As far as the spring lifts, here is a link to Attwood's page. My 2000 engine box model has the following ID on the spring lifts and they work just fine:

Spring lift
Gas springs (2)
SL-25-90
M 3566MQ 0410N 024/00

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/category/gas-springs
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.