• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

First splash, first (almost) sinking

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: First splash, first (almost) sinking

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I have filed an "Off Topic" report on my own "Titanic" post above asking the moderator to delete it for me, since the delete option has expired. I see it's still there, but I hope it disappears soon.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

I'm chocking it up to desert heat. You can't be blamed for dreaming of icebergs when it's 109 degrees outside!
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

No need to delete it. It's a sinking story.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I'm chocking it up to desert heat. You can't be blamed for dreaming of icebergs when it's 109 degrees outside!
109? Ha! We wish! We're out of here tomorrow on our way up to Bellingham, WA where it's in the low 60s (54* as I write this at 10:20 AM). We're packing our parkas and mukluks. But if we were staying home, which thank God we're not, it's now forecast to hit 120 a week from tomorrow. If that forecast holds it could break the all time record set in 1991. Already this morning it's 98 and it's not even 11 AM. Previews of coming attractions with climate change.

Peoria, AZ weather forecast:

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fi ... 85383&MR=1
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Yikes, that's not for me. It was only in the mid 90's here today when I was repairing the exhaust hose and my shirt was soaked with sweat and I couldn't see because my glasses were dripping sweat. Time to head north.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Second splash today and no adventures. Got about 7mph at about 1400 rpm's and 8.4 mph at full throttle and about 2300 rpm's.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

I thought my exploding muffler may have been unique. But, no. This was posted over on the AlbinCruisers forum and it's a much more interesting muffler explosion:

Very Good Fred--- I did the same to mine yearrs ago, a snake ( BIG one ) went up tail pipeSnakes have no reverse gear, Was removed AFTER muffler blew
Dave Go Easy 1970 Albin 25 #457

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”