• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 vs. A25 Deluxe

Albin's "power cruisers"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

A25 vs. A25 Deluxe

Post by jcollins »

Contributed by Leprof31
Albin 25 deLuxe" refers to the hull shape with flattened stern and 36hp Volvos. There are several other interior/cabinetry differences as well. Models after 1974 bear the word "deLuxe" on the chrome-plated plaque on the forward cabin sides, below the "Albin 25". In the early executions between 1973 and 1974, the "deLuxe" may or may not appear on the plaque, but it will be printed on the electrical circuit diagram on the inside of the electrical locker door. deLuxes were either fitted with MD3B (early) or MD17C (later) engines. Unless I'm totally wrong.
I was just making a funny when referring to "Super deLuxe".

Joe D. StarSailor, Super de-Duper deLuxe A25, Sidney BC Canada
bottom line II
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Niantic ,Connecticut

Re: A25 vs. A25 Deluxe

Post by bottom line II »

Hi Joe;
I just joined this group and found your post . I sold my Delux a couple of years ago and have been down ever since. I just brought home a project A25 Delux which will require lots of love (work) They were both called Delux but I notice this one ,Both 1977 and close to having sister numbers) doesn`t have a lot of the features that the first boat had. The first hull had the MD-17C and this one must have ran it out because when I picked this one up it was about to have a VW pathfinder installed. I think you`ve got it right . Just wanted to drop a line an start posting on this group

John Wood Bottom lineII
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

One difference I noticed (I think it was between the non-Deluxe and the Deluxe) is that the non-Deluxe has a hinged engine compartment which opens at the bow and requires the opening of a small door in the front cabin to get it up. It also requires the removal of the seat. The Deluxe engine compartment cover isn't hinged and slides back and off which opening any doors and with the seat in place, making access to the engine quicker and easier.
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

Can anyone tell me why this post appears at the top of my A25/A27 list? it never moves down the list as other more recent threads get posted. Is there some setting I accidentally clicked that keeps this thing at the top not matter what. This is the only one that does it. Thanks
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Can anyone tell me why this post appears at the top of my A25/A27 list? It never moves down the list as other more recent threads get posted.
Captain Ron: "diesels love their oil like sailors love their rum"

Martin Harvey: "why is that, Captain Ron?"

Captain Ron: "eh, nobody knows"

Same thing in this case, nobody knows!

:wink:
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

What is a sticky thread? Something that keeps it on top?
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

hi
re sticky note

I found this(see below) at the bottom of a post I was about to submit in the full editor that you have to use to post photos etc
I tried to get a screen shot but now I can't find it. so this will not look exactly the same
you will see you can make a topic sticky to stay on top for as long as you designate in days ....but if you leave it as 0 them its always sticky.

Prehaps our moderator mr J Collins could un-sticky it as I don't think it needs to be on top.(he started the post)
I hope folks don't start making posts permanently sticky though as that would be confusing.

I can seem to find it now though! warren

Post topic as:

Normal Sticky

Stick topic for:

Days

Enter 0 or leave blank for a never ending Sticky/Announcement.
Please note that this number is relative to the date of the post.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Apparently that's only available to the person who actually initiated the thread/topic. In this case Jcollins? But I suppose it's good to stay where in it as an intro to the A25/A27 board.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sail149 »

Hi I don't mind it being on top but subject is is A25 vs A25 Deluxe
It should be A25 vs A27 which would be more interesting. ( not putting down the A 25 in any way)

I just think J Collin mad a mistake making it sticky
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

sail149 wrote:Hi I don't mind it being on top but subject is is A25 vs A25 Deluxe
It should be A25 vs A27 which would be more interesting. ( not putting down the A 25 in any way)

I just think J Collins made a mistake making it sticky
No. It wasn't a mistake. In 2010 it was helpful. If after 6 years that's enough, I'll take care of it.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sail149 »

Thanks john.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”